B6 – Independent Novel Reading

I have read the book Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Written by J.K Rowling. Harry Potter has just started his second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry Potter and his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger are facing evil once again, with something going around the school petrifying people.
This book is a really great book because It can go from funny to serious, to all out fascinating. Like in the original Harry potter, Harry is at his Aunt and Uncles for summer break with his cousin, Dudley, who all treat him like a worthless nobody because they are embarrassed by him being a wizard. The story leads to his best friend Ron coming to take him to his house in a flying car. At Ron’s Harry has an amazing time. He gets to work on his Hogwarts homework. He gets to spend time with other wizards and is overall happy he is back in the wizard world.
Once the time comes to go to Hogwarts he can’t get into the train station. With this, he and Ron decided to take the flying car and break the rule of underage wizards. He and Ron go to Hogwarts and this is where I think it gets interesting. People over the course of the year get petrified from something evil lurking the school. Harry, Ron and Hermione are taken on a wild adventure to find out what’s going on around the school. On this adventure, they find plenty of clues like the chamber has been open, to a mysterious diary.
In my opinion, I love this book. It has a fantasy, humour and is just all around a good book for a Harry potter fan. I think J.K. Rowling has done an excellent job on the classic Harry Potter because of the style as well. It has all things Harry potter should have.
I just love the Harry Potter Stories. They make me want to make predictions about the ending, like if Harry Potter finds the evil, or just what ends up happening. J.K Rowling is just overall a great author if you are looking for a fantasy to read I would recommend Harry Potter because I rate this a 4 out of 5.

Read 1 comment

1. Brennon, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this Harry Potter book. Two things to leave you with to consider:
    1) what is a “classic Harry Potter”? This author created him, so can there be a classic Harry?
    2) You love this book so much and you’re always so excited when you talk about it, yet you only rated it a 4 out of 5. Does this mean there are parts about it that don’t meet your expectations of a really great book? What would a level 5 book look like to you? (Are you stuck on a level 4 or were you holding back a bit?!) 🙂
    Cheers.